How to Make a Great First Impression

How do you make a great first impression to colleagues and subject matter experts across your profession and across the globe?

I have met many of my colleagues virtually on social media channels like LinkedIn or Twitter before I met them in real life (IRL). Then when I meet them we already have some things in common because we are already familiar with one another. It's part of my personal brand.

Did you know that - “the mere-exposure effect is a real psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them. In social psychology, this effect is sometimes called the familiarity principle. In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often a person is seen by someone, the more pleasing and likeable that person appears to be.” –Wikipedia

Get known, get liked, get great advice from your peers. It all starts with a good social media profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment