Miracle Fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum) is a cranberry-sized West African berry that that numbs your sour and bitter tastebuds for a hour or so after eating it. When eaten this fruit causes bitter and sour foods (such as lemons and limes) to taste sweet. The berry contains an active glycoprotein molecule called miraculin. Miraculin is also available in tablet form
Here is a great article to follow as you plan your own Flavor Tripping party: Flavor-Tripping: a Whole New Way to Taste!
Here are a few examples that flavor-trippers have reported:
- Apple cider vinegar tastes similar to apple juice
- Lemons taste super sweet like candy
- Guinness beer tastes like chocolate milk. Other beers are interesting too.
- Under-ripe fruit tastes like the ripest, sweetest fruit you’ll ever eat
- Limes taste like key-lime pie
- Whole grain bread suddenly becomes healthy cake
- Dry white wines taste like a Riesling and reds taste more like a port.