"You're so vain. You probably think this post is about you."
Last year I participated in blog tagging. This year I came up with a fun new scheme I'll call "Searchbaiting".
Working Definition of Searchbaiting: The act of leaving clues on the Web (searchbait) so that a targeted person will discover and act on the reference. One who searchbaits of course would be a searchbaiter.
There is a very talented group of Minnesota search marketers I want to test. I also wanted to use the term Searchbaiting, which I don't think is a word yet.
- Clint Danks, ThinkSEM - Expert search engine marketer
- Nicole St. Martin - International search expert and blogger
- Paul Jahn - Local search expert and blogger
- Sara Bernier - Spanish search marketer
- A vanity search
- Backlink analysis of web properties I've linked their names to
- Referral analysis of custom campaign parameters to these web sites
- Word-of-mouth (so don't tell them)
OK let's see how long it takes them to find this post.
Clint, Nicole, Sarah, & Paul - Once you find this post please leave a comment. First one to leave a comment wins!
[4/26/08 @2am] 1st Place - Paul Jahn
[4/29/08 @ 5:30pm] 2nd Place - Clint Danks
[5/14/08 @ 7:08pm] 3rd Place - Sarah Bernier
[5/18/08 @ 11:33am] 4th Place - Nicole St. Martin