Some of these make sense, but many of them are just old senseless idioms and expressions that I spontaneously quote because they are familiar to me (not necessarily anyone else).
- Play it by ear
- By the skin of your teeth
- No bones about it
- That's not my baliwick
- That's a crock!
- Finer than frogs hair (or, as my Mother used to say "finer than frogs hair split 4-ways")
- ...and Bob's your uncle
- To make a long story short...
- You can't get blood out of a turnip...
- Go to Hell in a hand basket.
- You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a...
- Pin money.
- Straight from the horses mouth.
- Feeling under the weather.
- there is more than one way to skin a cat.
What peculiar sayings or quotes do you remember from your childhood?