Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset


I recently purchased a Plantronic Voyager 855 Stereo Bluetooth Headset to use with my iPhone on the recommendation of a good friend/colleague. It comes with a lightweight, earpiece-style headset, but it's convertable! You have the option of listening with a single earbud, or listening with two earbuds for a full stereophonic sound.

I took it on a bike ride with my roomate and it worked very well. He would call me and the music I was listening to faded away and I was placed on the call. I hit the hook button and was placed back into my music selection. Another double- tap called him back. I never touched my iPhone controls.

The headset supports AVRCP - the bluetooth profile that allows bluetooth devices to control playback. Although my 3G iPhone (firmware 3.0) supports the A2DP bluetooth profile to transmit a Stereo signal to the headset, I was not able to select next/previous track using the headset.

This gets 4 out of 5 stars from me. The price was right too. I got it for about $32 at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment